As a good corporate citizen we adopt ethical best practices, both in the way we behave and in how we interact with the outside world.
Good governance requires an enterprise to have proper processes and systems to ensure that it is managed efficiently and effectively, and in the best interests of stakeholders.
To deliver on the above the Group has a Corporate Governance Framework and Risk Management Process.
Goodhope's Corporate Governance Framework features five key elements:
- an effective System and Control Framework, which ensures the organization adopts a structured process in designing, implementing and reviewing all internal systems
- a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management process identifies and rates significant risks associated with all business segments and processes, and ensures that suitable action plans have been developed to mitigate and manage these risks. The Risk Management framework is overseen by an Audit Committee, further enhancing good governance within the Group.
- an effective Compliance Framework, which ensures compliance to statutory and other legal requirements on a continuous basis.
- a Financial Reporting Framework, which ensures the integrity of all financial information and statements that are generated, and facilitates effective and accurate reporting
- a company-wide Standard of Business Conduct, which sets out clear expectations and principles to guide and inspire professional excellence among all employees of the Group, towards achieving the highest standards of corporate behavior.